QualityNet Secure Portal
New User Enrollment
The QualityNet Secure Portal houses various applications for the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS’s) quality reporting programs.
To access the portal, you must first complete registration as a QualityNet user. (Select the appropriate user community from the QualityNet Registration sidebar at the upper left of the QualityNet Home page.) After receiving your User ID and Temporary Password, sign in to the QualityNet Secure Portal to change your password and answer the security questions. The User ID and Password will be required for logging in to the portal.
Next, complete the New User Enrollment Process and first-time login procedure outlined below. (See Section 5 of the QualityNet User Guide for more detailed instructions.)
Enrollment, first-time login
To enroll for access to the QualityNet Secure Portal:
- From the Symantec ID Protection Center, download the Symantec VIP Access Desktop application to your computer, tablet, and/or smartphone. (Enter m.vip.symantec.com in the browser on your mobile device). This may require the approval and assistance of your organization’s information technology staff. You will need the static Credential ID and the dynamic Security Code generated by this application to complete your enrollment.
- Log in to the QualityNet Secure Portal
- Click Start/Complete New User Enrollment in the yellow Help box.
- Follow the six-step process to verify your identity. You will use the PreciseID service from Experian, an external service selected by CMS, to confirm your identity by providing personal information via a safe, encrypted process that, in turn, produces verification questions. (See the Experian PreciseIDSM website for more information on this verification process.)
- After completing identity verification, enter the Credential ID and the Security Code (within 30 seconds) generated by the Symantec VIP Access application. This will link your QualityNet user ID to your Symantec VIP Access credential.
You may now log in to the QualityNet Secure Portal.
For more detailed portal enrollment and login instructions, see the QualityNet Secure Portal New User Enrollment Training (WMV-20 min.) and Section 5 of the QualityNet User Guide (PDF-4 MB).