Ambulatory Surgical Center News
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued final rule CMS-1601-FC, “Final Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Payment System for Calendar Year (CY) 2014 and CY 2014 Payment Rates.” The Final Rule is scheduled to be published in the December 10, 2013, Federal Register.
- FY 2014 Hospital IPPS final rule issued
- National provider calls to discuss secure portal enrollment process for ASC, IPF and PCH QualityNet users
- Proposed CY 2014 ASC rule published, open for comment
- Secure portal enrollment process now open to ASC, IPF and PCH QualityNet users
- Next webinar for Ambulatory Surgical Centers set for Feb. 27
- Final CY 2013 OPPS/ASC rule published
Ambulatory Surgical Centers Overview
The Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Program is a pay-for-reporting, quality data program finalized by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Under this program, ASCs report quality of care data for standardized measures to receive the full annual update to their ASC annual payment rate beginning with Calendar Year (CY) 2014 payments.
Initial program requirements were included in the CY 2012 Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS)/ASC final rule, CMS-1525-FC. The final rule can be viewed and downloaded from the Hospital Outpatient Regulation and Notices page of the CMS website. Details regarding the Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Quality Reporting Program begin on page 371 of the downloadable PDF document (Federal Register page 74492).More »