Hospital News - Outpatient
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) have made the April 2018 Hospital Compare Preview Reports available on QualityNet. The Preview Reports are for hospitals and facilities participating in the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR), Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting (OQR), and Prospective Payment System (PPS)-Exempt Cancer Hospital Quality Reporting (PCHQR) Programs.
The Hospital Compare preview reports will be available from February 1 through March 2. Hospitals are encouraged to access and download reports early in the preview period in order to have time for a thorough review. The preview reports are only available during the preview period.
- CY 2018 OPPS/ASC final rule with comment period
- CY 2018 OPPS/ASC Final Rule displayed
- CMS releases December 2017 Hospital Compare preview reports
- CMS grants exceptions for Quality Program participants in FEMA disaster areas in Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands affected by Hurricane Maria
- CMS grants exceptions for Quality Program participants in FEMA disaster areas in Florida, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands affected by Hurricane Irma
- CMS grants exemptions for Quality Program participants in FEMA disaster areas in Texas and Louisiana affected by Hurricane Harvey
- CY 2018 OPPS/ASC Proposed Rule published and open for comment
Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting (OQR) Program Overview
The Hospital OQR Program is a voluntary quality measure data reporting program for outpatient hospital services implemented by CMS. CMS focuses on reporting measure data that have high impact and support national priorities for improved quality and efficiency of care for Medicare beneficiaries.
The current measure set for the Hospital OQR Program includes measures that assess processes of care, imaging efficiency patterns, care transitions, ED throughput efficiency, the use of health information technology, care coordination, patient safety, and volume. Participating hospitals agree that they will allow CMS to publicly report data for the quality measures, as is stated in the current OPPS/ASC final rule.More »