QualityNet Secure Portal downtime scheduled for January 25 - 27
QualityNet and the QualityNet Secure Portal will be unavailable from 8 p.m. ET on Friday, Jan. 25, through 8 a.m. ET on Sunday, Jan. 27, due to planned maintenance activities. This outage will prevent submissions to data warehouses and access to all QualityNet applications.
Hospital News - Outpatient
In an effort to modernize the Hospital Quality Reporting (HQR) system, and in direct response to feedback from the user community, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) made changes to the preview reports to enhance the user experience and enable users to make better and more meaningful use of reported data. The login process has been streamlined, star ratings have been prioritized, and an entirely new way of viewing and searching preview data has been developed. Data can be refined and filtered for specific needs and compared “at-a-glance” with footnote and supplemental information. The preview data will be reported on the CMS Hospital Compare website, where Medicare beneficiaries and the public can review quality of care indicators for participating hospitals and facilities.
- CY 2019 OPPS/ASC Final Rule with Comment Period Published
- CMS Announcing New Preview User Interface for the Hospital Compare Preview Period, Refresh of Hospital Star Ratings, and Other Important Updates
- CY 2019 OPPS/ASC Final Rule with Comment Period Now on Display
- CMS grants exemptions for Quality Program participants in FEMA disaster areas in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia affected by Hurricane Florence
- Providers selected for Hospital OQR Program CY 2020 validation
- CY 2019 OPPS/ASC Proposed Rule published, open for comment
- CMS releases October 2018 Hospital Compare preview reports
- CY 2019 OPPS/ASC Proposed Rule displayed, open for comment
- CMS Releases July 2018 Hospital Compare Preview Reports on May 4, 2018
- CMS releases April 2018 Hospital Compare preview reports
- CY 2018 OPPS/ASC final rule with comment period
- CY 2018 OPPS/ASC Final Rule displayed
The Hospital OQR Program is a quality data reporting program for outpatient hospital services implemented by CMS. CMS focuses on reporting measure data that have high impact and support national priorities for improved quality and efficiency of care for Medicare beneficiaries.
The current measure set for the Hospital OQR Program includes measures that assess processes of care, imaging efficiency patterns, care transitions, ED throughput efficiency, the use of health information technology, care coordination, patient safety, and volume. Participating hospitals agree that they will allow CMS to publicly report data for the quality measures, as is stated in the current OPPS/ASC final rule.More »