PPS-Exempt Cancer Hospitals News
Today begins the 30-day preview period for hospitals to see the data that will be publicly reported on Hospital Compare this summer. As part of the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR), Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting (OQR), and Prospective Payment System (PPS)-Exempt Cancer Hospitals Quality Reporting (PCHQR) programs, hospitals have 30 days to preview their data prior to public reporting on Hospital Compare. Later this summer, we will post the data on Hospital Compare, where Medicare beneficiaries and the public can review quality measure data for participating hospitals and facilities.
- CMS Releases April 2019 Hospital Compare Hospital Data Preview
- CMS Releases February 2019 Hospital Compare Preview Reports
- CMS Announcing New Preview User Interface for the Hospital Compare Preview Period, Refresh of Hospital Star Ratings, and Other Important Updates
- CMS releases October 2018 Hospital Compare preview reports
- CMS Releases July 2018 Hospital Compare Preview Reports on May 4, 2018
- CMS releases December 2017 Hospital Compare preview reports
- CMS grants exceptions for Quality Program participants in FEMA disaster areas in Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands affected by Hurricane Maria
- CMS grants exceptions for Quality Program participants in FEMA disaster areas in Florida, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands affected by Hurricane Irma
- CMS grants exemptions for Quality Program participants in FEMA disaster areas in Texas and Louisiana affected by Hurricane Harvey
- CMS releases October 2017 Hospital Compare preview reports
PPS-Exempt Cancer Hospital Quality Reporting (PCHQR) Program Overview
The Prospective Payment System (PPS)-Exempt Cancer Hospital Quality Reporting (PCHQR) Program was developed as mandated by Section 3005 of the Affordable Care Act (Public Law 111-148).
The PCHQR program is intended to equip consumers with quality-of-care information to make more informed decisions about healthcare options. It is also intended to encourage hospitals and clinicians to improve the quality of inpatient care provided to Medicare beneficiaries by ensuring that providers are aware of and reporting on best practices for their respective facilities and type of care.
To meet the PCHQR Program requirements, PPS-Exempt Cancer Hospitals (PCHs) are required to submit specific quality measures related to the PCHQR Program to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), beginning with the Fiscal Year (FY) 2014 payment determination year. Participating facilities must comply with the program requirements set forth, including public reporting of the measure rates on Hospital Compare.More »