Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program Overview
The Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program was developed as a result of the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act of 2003. Section 5001(a) of Public Law 109-171 of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 provided new requirements for the Hospital IQR Program, which built on the voluntary Hospital Quality Initiative.
The Hospital IQR Program is intended to equip consumers with quality of care information to make more informed decisions about healthcare options. It is also intended to encourage hospitals and clinicians to improve the quality of inpatient care provided to all patients. The hospital quality of care information gathered through the program is available to consumers on the Hospital Compare website.
Hospital IQR Program Resources
Hospital Contact Change Form
- Contact Change Form, PDF Fillable Form-129 KB (Updated 04/13/17) - Use to report any changes regarding key contacts at the hospital (CEO/administrator, IQR specialist, medical record contact, National Healthcare Safety Network contact, and QualityNet Security Administrators) to help ensure the facility receives all necessary correspondence regarding the Hospital IQR Program.
Hospital IQR Important Dates and Deadlines - Second Quarter 2017 through Second Quarter 2018
- Important Dates and Deadlines, PDF-69 KB (Updated 12/21/17)
Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Measure Exception Form
Hospitals participating in the Inpatient Quality Reporting Program may now file an Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Measure Exception Form for Perinatal Care (PC-01) and Emergency Department (ED-1 and ED-2) measures. Qualifying hospitals must file exceptions for Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) measures, which include Surgical Site Infection (SSI), Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI), and Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection (CLABSI), using the IPPS Measure Exception Form provided below.
- IPPS Measure Exception Form PDF Fillable Form-171 KB (Updated 01/26/18)
Resources for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 Payment Determination
- Reporting Quarters for FY 2020 Payment Determination, PDF-55 KB (Updated 12/21/17)
- Hospital IQR Program Changes: FY 2020 Payment Determination, PDF-81 KB (Updated 12/21/17)
Resources for FY 2019 Payment Determination
- Reporting Quarters for FY 2019 Payment Determination, PDF-72 KB (Updated 02/17/17)
- Reference Checklist for FY 2019, PDF-263 KB (Updated 08/21/17)
- Hospital IQR Program Guide for New Facilities for FY 2019, PDF-343 KB (Updated 08/06/17)
- Hospital IQR Program Changes: FY 2019 Payment Determination, PDF-81 KB (Updated 08/23/17)
- Hospital IQR Quick Start Guide: Accessing and Using Your Provider Participation Report, PDF-1 MB (Updated 12/21/17)
Resources for Previous Fiscal Years’ Payment Determinations
Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) Disclosure Statement
The following PRA Disclosure Statement applies to forms and other information collection requirements associated with the Hospital IQR Program:
According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless it displays a valid OMB control number. The valid OMB control number for this information collection is 0938-1022.The time required to complete this information collection is estimated to average 10 minutes per response, including the time to review instructions, search existing data resources, gather the data needed, and complete and review the information collection. If you have comments concerning the accuracy of the time estimates(s) or suggestions for improving this form, please write to CMS, Attention: PRA Reports Clearance Officer, 7500 Security Boulevard, Mail Stop C4-26-05, Baltimore, MD 21244-1650.
Expiration Date: 01-31-2020