Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program Overview
The Hospital IQR Program was developed as a result of the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act (MMA) of 2003. Section 5001(a) of Pub. 109-171 of the Deficit Reduction Act (DRA) of 2005 provided new requirements for the Hospital IQR Program, which built on the voluntary Hospital Quality Initiative.
The Hospital IQR Program is intended to equip consumers with quality of care information to make more informed decisions about healthcare options. It is also intended to encourage hospitals and clinicians to improve the quality of inpatient care provided to all patients. The hospital quality of care information gathered through the program is available to consumers on the Hospital Compare website.
The Hospital IQR Program requires "sub-section (d)" hospitals to submit data for specific quality measures for health conditions common among people with Medicare, and which typically result in hospitalization.
Resources for FY 2015 Payment Determination
- Reporting Quarters used for payment determination
- Validation Blood Culture Template, XLSX-106 KB (01/04/13)
- Validation Urine Culture Template, XLSX-25 KB (01/04/13)
Validation Blood and Urine Culture Template training, WRF-25 min. (06/07/13)
- Training transcript, PDF-104 KB
- Validation HAI Quick Reference Guide, PDF-125 KB (11/02/12)
- Important Dates and Deadlines, PDF-32 KB (Updated 09/11/13)
- Reference Checklist for FY 2015, PDF-91 KB (Updated 08/19/13)
- Confidence Interval, PDF-730 KB (Updated 09/05/13)