Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting (IPFQR) Program
Facility Contact Change Form
- Contact Change Form, PDF Fillable Form-122 KB (Updated 03/27/18) - Use to report any changes regarding key contacts at the facility (CEO/administrator, IPFQR specialist, medical record contact, National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) contact, and QualityNet Security Administrators) to help ensure the facility receives all necessary correspondence regarding the IPFQR Program.
Version 4.0, PDF-5.8 MB (Updated 06/21/18) Provides a comprehensive overview of the IPFQR Program, measure details, as well as step-by-step guidance on the QualityNet Secure Portal registration, data submission using the web-based measures application, and preview report processes.
Key updates to the manual are described in the Release Notes, Version 4.0.
- Release Notes, Version 4.0 PDF-40 KB (05/30/18)
Previous Program Manual Versions
- Version 3.1, PDF-3.8 MB (12/20/17)
- Version 3.0, PDF-3.7 MB (06/13/17)
- Version 2.2, PDF-3.7 MB (02/02/17)
- Version 2.1, PDF-2.8 MB (06/07/16)
- Version 2.0, PDF-2.5 MB (01/26/16)
- Version 1.0, PDF-3.4 MB (02/04/15)
The following documents are designed to assist facilities participating in the IPFQR Program:
- Claims-Based Measure Specifications, PDF-342 KB (12/20/17) Provides detailed specifications about the Follow-Up After Hospitalization for Mental Illness (FUH) and 30-Day All-Cause Unplanned Readmission Following Psychiatric Hospitalization in an IPF measures.
- IPFQR Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), PDF-96 KB (05/11/17) – Provides answers to commonly asked questions from IPFQR Program stakeholders.
The following tools are designed as optional, informal mechanisms to assist IPFs in the collection of data for the IPFQR Program:
Paper Tools for Data to be Submitted Summer of 2019
- Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services (HBIPS)-2 and -3
- HBIPS -5
- Transition Record with Specified Elements Received by Discharged Patients and Timely Transmission of Transition Record
- SUB -1, -2/-2a, -3/-3a
- TOB -1,-2/-2a, -3/-3a
- Screening for Metabolic Disorders
- Non-Measure Data Collection Tool
- NEW: IMM-2 (Q4 2018 through Q1 2019)
Paper Tools for Data to be Submitted Summer of 2020
- Transition Record with Specified Elements Received by Discharged Patients and Timely Transmission of Transition Record, PDF-150 KB (Updated 06/26/18)
The following sites provide additional information regarding the IPFQR Program and the Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Prospective Payment System (PPS):
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facility PPS (CMS) Additional background information related to the program
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities Prospective Payment System Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Fact Sheet (CMS) Program information, including coverage requirements, how payment rates are set, and quality reporting
- The Joint Commission Resource for information related to Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs), including measure details and specifications
- National Quality Forum General information related to CQMs
- HealthCare.gov Details regarding the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Previous Resources, ZIP