Maintenance downtime scheduled for June 24 - June 27
The QualityNet Secure Portal will be unavailable from 8 p.m. EDT on Friday, June 24, through 6 a.m. EDT on Monday, June 27, to allow for scheduled maintenance. This may affect submissions to the data warehouses and use of QualityNet applications.
Measure Methodology Reports
The methodology and updates reports listed below describe the methods used to develop the risk-standardized readmission measures, and the 2016 updates and quality assurance activities.
Additional rationale of CMS’s methodological decisions during development and reevaluation of the readmission measures is available in the Frequently Asked Questions document.
2016 Readmission Measures Updates
CMS contracted with a team of clinical and statistical experts from Yale New Haven Health Services Corporation/Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (YNHHSC/CORE) to develop, and annually re-evaluate and update the readmission measures. The 2016 reports describe the measures' re-evaluation activities conducted in preparation for the 2016 public reporting cycle.
- 2016 AMI, HF, Pneumonia, COPD, and Stroke Readmission Measures Updates and Specifications Report, PDF-2 MB (05/05/16)
- Pneumonia Mortality and Readmission Measures Cohort Re-Specification Report, PDF-1.2 MB (05/05/16)
- 2016 THA/TKA and CABG Readmission Measures Updates and Specifications Report, PDF-1.2 MB (05/05/16)
- 2016 Hospital-Wide All-Cause Readmission Measure Updates and Specifications Report, PDF-1.2 MB (05/05/16)
Previous annual measure updates and specifications reports can be found on the Readmission Measures Archived Resources page.
Readmission Measure Development (original methodology reports)
The following reports provide measure development background and rationale, description of YNHHSC/CORE’s model development and testing approach, and detailed measure specifications.
- Hospital 30-Day AMI Readmission Measure Methodology, PDF-655 KB (04/10/09)
- Hospital 30-Day Readmission Following Admission for an Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Measure Methodology Report, PDF-598 KB (09/29/11)
- Hospital 30-Day Heart Failure Readmission Measure Methodology, PDF-697 KB (04/23/08)
- Hospital 30-Day Pneumonia Readmission Measure Methodology, PDF-655 KB (06/09/08)
- Hospital 30-Day Readmission Following Acute Ischemic Stroke Hospitalization Measure, Measure Methodology Report, PDF-721 KB (09/29/10)
- Hospital 30-Day Readmission following Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery, Measure Methodology Report, PDF-3.2 MB (08/27/14)
- Hospital 30-Day Readmission following THA/TKA, Measure Methodology Report, PDF-1.1 MB (08/16/12)
- Hospital-Wide Readmission Measure Methodology Report, PDF-2.3 MB (08/16/12)
Additional information about the measure methodology is available on the Readmission Measures Published Literature page.