Maintenance downtime scheduled for November 21-24
The QualityNet Secure Portal will be unavailable from 7 p.m. CST on Friday, Nov. 21, through 5 a.m. CST on Monday, Nov. 24, to allow for scheduled maintenance. This may affect submissions to the data warehouses and use of QualityNet applications.
Measure Methodology Reports
The publicly reported 30-day risk-standardized readmission measures include:
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart Failure (HF)
- Hospital-Wide All-Cause Unplanned Readmission (HWR)
- Total Hip Arthroplasty (THA) and/or Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA)
The technical reports listed below describe the methods used in the development of the risk-standardized readmission measures and the subsequent annual measure updates and quality assurance activities. More detailed justifications of CMS’s methodological choices in the development and maintenance of the readmission measures are available in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document posted on the Resources page.
2014 Readmission Measures Maintenance
CMS contracted with a team of clinical and statistical experts from Yale New Haven Health Services Corporation/Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (YNHHSC/CORE) to review and update the readmission measures annually. The 2014 reports describe the measures maintenance activities conducted in preparation for the 2014 public reporting cycle.
- 2014 Measure Updates and Specifications Report Hospital-Level 30-Day Risk-Standardized Readmission Measures: Acute Myocardial Infarction-Version 7.0, Heart Failure- Version 7.0, Pneumonia- Version 7.0 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease – Version 3.0, and Stroke-Version 3.0 30-Day Risk-Standardized Readmission Measures, PDF-1.7 MB (09/15/14)
- 2014 Measure Updates and Specifications: Hospital-Wide All-Cause Unplanned Readmission - Version 3.0, PDF-985 KB (09/15/14)
- 2014 Procedure-Specific Readmission Measures Updates and Specifications Report: Elective Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty (THA) and/or Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA) Version 3.0, PDF-713 KB (09/15/14)
Previous public reporting materials can be found on the Readmission Measures Archived Resources page.
Readmission Measure Development (original methodology reports)
The following reports provide measure development background and rationale, description of YNHHSC/CORE’s model development and testing approach, and detailed measure specifications. Additional information about the measure methodology is available in the peer-reviewed literature.
- Hospital 30-Day Readmission Following Admission for an Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Measure Methodology Report, PDF-598 KB (09/29/11)
- Hospital 30-Day Readmission Following Acute Ischemic Stroke Hospitalization Measure, Measure Methodology Report, PDF-721 KB (09/29/10)
- Hospital-Wide Readmission Technical Report, PDF-2.3 MB (08/16/12)
- THA/TKA Readmission Technical Report, PDF-1.1 MB (08/16/12)
- Hospital 30-Day Heart Failure Readmission Measure Methodology, PDF (04/23/08)
- Hospital 30-Day AMI Readmission Measure Methodology, PDF (06/09/08)
- Hospital 30-Day Pneumonia Readmission Measure Methodology, PDF (06/09/08)