Maintenance downtime scheduled for February 24-27
The QualityNet Secure Portal will be unavailable from 7 p.m. CST on Friday, February 24, through 5 a.m. CST on Monday, February 27, to allow for scheduled maintenance. This may affect submissions to the data warehouses and use of QualityNet applications.
Hospital-Acquired Conditions (HACs)
Resources for 2012 Reporting
- Fact Sheet, PDF-48 KB (05/01/12) – a general overview of HAC measures, their development and purpose. The fact sheet serves as a helpful introduction to the measures for hospital staff and executives.
- Frequently Asked Questions, PDF-61 KB (05/01/12) – a list of questions and answers regarding the public reporting of the CMS HAC measures for the IQR Program.
- Specifications - July 2012, PDF-44 KB (05/01/12) – detailed information on how CMS identified HACs for the IQR Program for July 2012 public reporting. Includes measure numerator and denominator definitions and exclusion information and is oriented toward hospitals interested in replicating the results in their HSRs delivered in May 2012.
Resources from Previous Reporting Periods
- Specifications - October 2011, PDF-47 KB (09/12/11) – detailed information on how CMS identified HACs for the IQR Program for October 2011 public reporting. Includes measure numerator and denominator definitions and exclusion information and is oriented toward hospitals interested in replicating the results in their HSRs delivered September 2011.
- National teleconference on Spring 2011 HAC measures – On March 21, 2011, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) hosted a one-hour national teleconference about the Spring 2011 HAC measures. This teleconference contained an overview of the measure calculation methods, national-level results, and other information related to the March 2011 preview period and public reporting activities. Resources include: